Great Passion Play
- Art Galleries
- Gifts & Specialty Items
The Great Passion Play takes you back 2,000 years to “The Greatest Story Ever Told.” The Play is an hour-and-forty-five minute reenactment of the last week of the life of Jesus Christ. Staged in a 4,000 seat outdoor amphitheater, the multi-level set, special lighting and sound effects, live animals, and a cast of 170 Biblically costumed actors come together to create a thrilling epic drama. From the authentic re-creation of Jerusalem and the colorful spectacle of the market place to the soul-stirring crucifixion, to the electrifying scene of Christ's ascension, The Great Passion Play brings you a professional and moving performance that holds the attention of all ages.
CHRIST OF THE OZARKS – One of the largest Christ memorial statues in the world at 67 feet tall. Open and free to see for the public. Lit at night.
THE HOLY LAND TOUR - a two to three-hour guided tour. Guests are transported back in time as they walk through a full-sized replica of the East Jerusalem Gate and Marketplace to Biblically inspired exhibits which include Moses’ Tabernacle in the Wilderness, Bethlehem Inn and the Nativity, the Upper Room, the Garden Tomb, the Walk with Peter, and other exhibits which depict life in Bible times. All exhibits have been researched archaeologically and historically for authenticity. Tours run on day of Play performances from 12:00pm-4:00pm at your leisure. There is walking at each stop. The longest time walking at any one stop is approximately thirty minutes. Also special guided tours given YEAR-ROUND.
- See our season schedule right now!
- Visit the 7-story Christ of the Ozarks memorial statue on the grounds of The Great Passion Play.
- The Holy Land Tour is given year-round with actors present on days of the Passion Play.
- The Art Museum showcases hundreds of pieces of religious art dating as early as 9th century.
- GREAT HALL BUFFET - All-you-can/care-to-eat buffet featuring a full salad bar, vegetable bar and entrees, and dessert.
Member EventsFriday Dec 13, 2019Williamson's, gospel group, Christmas concert ...read more