The Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce is committed not only to tourism development but also economic development through attraction of new businesses, industries and channels not traditionally found in the Eureka Springs area. In Carroll County, the cities of Berryville, Green Forest Alpena and Osage are locations extremely favorable for industrial development
Here are some Quick Facts about Eureka Springs and the general area:
- The cost of living index in Eureka Springs trends at 93 (based on a U.S. average scale of 100.) This makes living more affordable compared to the U.S. average.
- The estimated median household income in 2012 was $34,959 compared to the state median household income of $37,458 in 2012.
- The estimated median per capita income in Eureka Springs in 2012:
- Eureka Springs: $20,210
- Arkansas: $21,203
- The education level for population 25 years and over in Eureka Springs is
- High school or higher: 86.4% compared to 83.8% for state and 85.9% for U.S. rates
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.6% compared to 20.3% for state and 28.3% for U.S. rates
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.6% compared to 2.7% for the U.S. rate
- Elevation: 1265 feet
- Land area: 6.78 square miles.
- Population density: 347 people per square mile
- Estimated average house or condo value in 2012:
- Eureka Springs: $181,132
- Carroll County: $142,000
- Arkansas: $155,000
- A ten year crime statistics history indicates less than twenty crimes against persons are committed per year with slightly more than 100 property crimes of all types committed yearly. Carroll County (Eureka Springs) indexes about the same as the state overall and indexes lower than neighboring (and denser) Washington and Benton counties. Carroll County indexes well below the U.S. in property and violent crimes.