Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide lifetime refuge for abandoned, abused, and neglected big cats with an emphasis on tigers, lions, leopards, and cougars.
We are looking for a part-time housekeeping team member for 3 to 4 days a week. Shifts start at 8 am during the spring/summer and end at 4 pm, but can go longer. The person we hire must be a self-motivated individual who comes to work on time and finishes all of their tasks before leaving at the end of each day. We are also looking for someone who is reliable and dedicated to showing up to work every day they are scheduled.
You must have your own vehicle and working cell phone. Weekends are required!
Daily Housekeeping Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning lodging units (inside and the surrounding decks)
- Cleaning the public restroom
- Cleaning Turpentine Creek's Office
- Washing and folding all linens before the end of each day
- Cleaning the President's home at times
- Keeping the Housekeeping area clean, fully stocked, and organized every day
- Keeping the Housekeeping vehicle clean and vacuumed
- Clearing trashcans around the lodging and public areas
- Watering plants around lodging areas
- Deep-Cleaning projects on lodging units, restrooms and office areas
- Light Maintenance (changing lightbulbs, batteries, tightening door knobs, ect) and reporting bigger maintenance issues to team leaders
- Additional projects that team leaders may assign
The applicant we hire must also have the skills to be able to interact with our guests. Because all of the proceeds of lodging go to benefit our animal residents, it is very important for the person we hire to look and act in a professional manner to all guests, supporters, and coworkers!
We are looking for applicants who have experience with cleaning hotels or resorts. Attention to detail is one of the most important qualities we are looking for, because all of our lodging units are cleaned with the highest standard of cleanliness in mind. Because the nature of this job is active and fast-paced, you must be able to stand and walk for multiple hours of the day, lift at least 50 pounds at a time and be willing to work indoors and/or outdoors.
If you meet all of the above requirements and want to have a fun, active job that allows you to see animals every day, this is the job for you!
Please email your resume and 3 professional references. Before hiring an applicant, we will interview and contact all references provided to us.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour